Don’t know what to plot? Need guidance on making your creative code art plott-able?! Look no more! Find below a list of suggested workflows, and links to guides, blog posts, and wikis across the web that will help you make your pen plotting art!
If you are thinking of picking up an AxiDraw pen plotter, you can take 10% off your purchase from Evil Mad Scientist, the makers of the AxiDraw, when you use the discount code DIRTALLEY10.
Suggested Plotting Workflows
- p5.js, p5.svg.js, Inkscape
- Processing, Export to PDF/SVG, Inkscape
- Intro to vpype – Instagram user @very_meanly recommends vpype for all your pen plotting needs, this blog post writeup will get you started!
- CMYK: Process Color Experiments and My Axidraw – dirtalleydesign
- How to Make Multiple Color Plots – dirtalleydesign
- Converting an Image into a Multicolor Plot with DrawingBot Vs3 – bold machines
Generative Art Resources
- How to Generative Art – dirtalleydesign
- Generative Hut Tutorials
- Rev Dan Catt
- Coding Train YouTube
- Dan Shiffman – Learning Processing and Nature of Code
- Observable HQ Notebooks (such as Lionel Radisson)
- Drawing Bots
- How to Build Your Own Plotter – InkyLinesPlots
- Evil Mad Scientist Axidraw Wiki
- How to Draw Code Art With an Axidraw – Pen Plotter Artwork Blog
- Squiggle Cam App – Maks Surguy – turn a photo into a squiggle line drawing
- Flow Lines – Maks Surgy – generate your own flow field to draw!
- Plotter Files – free SVG’s available for download from various artists
Have a resource you think I should add to this list?! Feel free to DM me on Instagram @penplotart.